Friday, October 28, 2011

584 Days

 

"Italy is a dream that keeps returning for the rest of your life." --Anna Akhmatova


While people have asked a few questions about the Italy trip in 2013, I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it.  Waiting for ball game time, I started exploring the EF Tours website.  There it was in the right hand corner of my page - Departure - 584 Days.

File:Collage Rome.jpg
Rome - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Collage_Rome.jpg
My heart skipped a beat when I saw that.  I felt a surge of adrenaline.  A smile came to my face.  It'll be here before we know it.

File:Collage Firenze.jpg
Florence - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Collage_Firenze.jpg
I know that seems like a long time, but it is less than two years.  EF Tours offers incentives for early enrollment on tours, so now is a good time to make your initial payment if you are interested in going with me.  It is also time to start thinking about ways to raise money for the trip.  I know a lot of you will be going to Disney next Spring, and while I love Disney, don't forget the opportunity of getting to travel overseas.

File:Collage Venezia.jpg
Venice - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Collage_Venezia.jpg
"Why Italy?" you ask.  That's a good question.  I haven't traveled much in Italy.  I've spent a day in Venice, two nights in Lido de Jesolo, and a few hours in fair Verona.  The tour we are currently scheduled for includes the big three for Italy - Venice, Florence, and Rome.  It also includes Assisi, Pompeii, and an optional trip to Pisa (which won't be optional for us...since we are there, let's go to Pisa.)  Good food, great art, and grand scenery awaits those who decide to travel with me.

You can learn more about The Grand Tour of Italy at this website: http://www.eftours.com/preview-tour.aspx?pt=GR-1020291.  You can also register for the trip online.  If you are interested in traveling, I have a Facebook Group called "Italia Bound."  Also, send me an e-mail so I can put you on the potential travellers list.

No comments:

Post a Comment